Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back in the swing of things

  • Its been quite an amusing week or so back in the Shiz. Friday night involved taking part in a quiz at our favourite bar. Chris, Hilary, Meredith, Becky (and Mother) and I were on one team - named Linda Wicker. Everybody else from our bunch were on another team together. Some notible heavyweights such as Zach were also on the other team. I'll cut to the chase, we won! Upon finding this out, Chris and I congratulated the other team like the true gentlemen we are (shouting, hissing and clapping etc).

  • I decided that it would be a good idea to purchase a bike this week. Obviously, I dragged Chris along to buy one too. For the same price as a KFC bargain bucket, we merrily peddled away from the shop, happy with our purchase. However, the wheels very nearly literally came off the very next day, when Meredith, Chris and I decided to take our bikes to the gym. By the second corner, Meredith's chain had completely given in, leaving her to walk home. About twenty inutes later, Chris had an 'uncomfortable experience' as his seat broke. We then had to buy two new seats from he nearest bike shop. Cutting our losses, we returned home also. I somehow wish I had bought the KFC instead.

  • This week I have been teaching about famous British people. Showing about 50 pictures of different famous people from The Spice Girls to Winston Churchill. After that, I ask them 'If you could go for a meal with any famous person that has ever lived, who would it be and why?'. Its only Tuesday and all ready I have two superb answers:
'I'd choose Chairman Mao. This is because the streets near my home are very badly repaired and I would get him to fix them'. Great image of the great man himself with overalls on getting ready to tarmac the road!

'I'd choose Bill Gates. This is because it is said that he could easily misplace Y1000 and not realise. And I need the money'. Great, just great.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I thought you came third in the quiz?
Winning out of your small group isn't quite the same as actually winning! Just cos Newcastle do the best of them, middlesborugh and sunderland it doesn't mean they win the league now does it David?

Met a guy in my local the other day from "old Hartlepool" down by the docks. Bloody strange un!

Do Brock use his bike yet>

David Stokes said...

Your right! By won, I mean we won the only battle that mattered, us v them! Brocks team. We were third of seven teams. Still not too bad.

I havent seen Brock use his bike yet, but were off to the gym tommorow on them and I cant wait for the spectacle. I shall keep you posted

Dave