Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Jinan Rollercoaster



We were at Daming Lake Park, not far from Jinan East train station, filling time on the Saturday prior to our ride home. Too short a ride and made deaf by Meredith's screaming. Still, made for a rather amusing video (yes, another video I hear you say).

It is only now, after searching in the internet, that I realise we were actually at Daming Lake Park. Yes, I knew it was a lake, but as we didn't have a copy of the Lonely Planet with us, nor had I read up on what there was to do in Jinan - I simply presumed it was a small lake in the middle of the City. I certainly didn't realise it was 'one of the three must-see tourist spots in Jinan'. Ah well, we stumbled accross it by luck then. It did suprise me yet again how in the very middle of what is essentially a boring, bustling City filled with endless Taxi's and busses, there could be a nice quiet retreat such as this.


No comments: