Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm Back?

Yep, i'm back. After three weeks of food, drink and more drink, im back in my appartment in Shijazhuang. I feel like Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption, only this time, after digging out of the prison armed only with a spoon, I have walked back to the front desk, said 'Can I come back in please?' and now I am attempting to dig my way out of the other side of the cell.

After being on the drink till 4am on Wednesday evening, Chris (Charlies replacement) woke us up at 6am. Our bags were packed by 6.15am and we were in a taxi by 6.20am. Three painfully long hours later on the train we found ourselves stood in the rain, struggling to see through the thick smog, trying to get a taxi at Shijiazhuang train station. I felt bad, but I could see that Chris felt worse. An expression of 'What the hell am I doing here?'. Either that or 'Why the hell did I listen to Dave and come here?'.

However, a good nights sleep, a KFC (stomach couldnt yet handle Chinese food) and a potter about town have sorted us out. Everything is as we left it. Its fun watching Chris attempt to use chop sticks, oh how I mock him! Knowing full well I was just as bad when I first arrived.

One funny moment to report so far. Whilst sitting with Sandy, waiting for Chris to complete his medical, Sandy turned to me and said 'Dave, how does Charlie feel leaving China?'. My response was 'Well, that last he was seen he was skipping through Customs'. She didn't find it funny.

No comments: