Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Damn Mosquitos!

I haven't been bitten by a mosquito for quite some time now. We get bit now and then, but nothing to get too annoyed by. Every once and a while I will see one in my room and take pleasure in using the fly swatter I bought to make it no more. Recently however, I have been bitten like a tasty piece of meat. Two or three times a day. I look, but I cannot see any mosquitos anywhere.

My plan has been to make my appartment as air-tight as possible. Close every window, door and gap to the mosquito ridden world outside. It seemed to work. The bites have been less frequent and I cannot see any flies anywhere. So, you can imagine my suprise when I returned from lessons today to find two small birds in my living room. No, not the type that I would have gladly allowed to stay in my room, but two sparrow-like birds. Flying all over. My living room is completely shut tight. The air conditioning has been shut off for a week and they cannot have come in through there. But, there they were, flying around my appartment.

I have now decided that making my appartment as air-tight as possible is a pointless task and that if I am going to be bit, I am going to be bit. I am however, now sleeping with my fly swatter by my bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you have any eggs lying around that have hatched! I hope you're using that expensive mosquito repellant I bought you.

Monica