Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Party

I am not one to sing and dance when it comes to a party or night out, as everyone well knows. So I was a little bit worried when the Americans decided to have a fancy dress party for Halloween. Luckily, I was walking around the supermarket and I spotted a cap that looked remotely like a golf hat. Perfect. Polo-shirt, trousers and cap - thats me sorted. The party was actually really good. Helped by lots of alcohol and some classics blasting out of my ipod speakers (Cyndi Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun).

Charlie, given the fact that he was born with a face that would soon resemble a certain Mr Potter, is gifted an easy option when it comes to fancy dress. He needed a wand to finish off the outfit and China provided the perfect object - a chopstick. Ah China, how you do amuse me. Anthony came dressed as a gay American and I can honestly say I will be stuck with the image of him dancing around in a pair of tight orange shorts for the rest of my life.

The party did offer one moment of pure comedy that thankfully was caught by myself on camera. An English man dressed as Harry Potter, A French man dressed as a gay American, both dancing like madmen to Cyndi Lauper on the futon in the room - a funny sight all by itself. However, it was about to get much more funny, as this video shows -


I would just like to add that yes, I did look more like a gay chimney-sweep rather than a golfer. I hate fancy dress!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know your having problems with your blog. There is a large blank square where I think you meant a photo to be. Why aren't the girls in fancy dress?
Mam