Friday, June 22, 2007

Its all over

Sorry for not posting sooner - yes i'm inherently lazy but also i'm working every day God sends covering the cash I spent in China! Well, that flew over didn't it. Seems like two minutes ago I was flying down to Heathrow to meet up with Charlie. Nope, nine months has now gone by.

The last time I posted, I was merrily getting drunk at the coast. After this we went back to Beijing for another three nights - my last in China. No sight seeing this time, just nice food, even better drink and lots of time spent in a swimming pool that wouldn't have looked out of place on MTV's Cribs (The Westin - Financial District - THE hotel to go to in Beijing should anyone decide to visit!). I also had a fun time buying my Mam a ridiculous amount of bags from The Silk Market.

My last day in China, how will I remember it? Laying in a shivering wreck on the bed suffering from food poisoning. I have certainly never experienced anything like it. Nine bloody months in China and I get as bad as a dog on the last day (I had hoped for something a bit better for Hilary, but alas it was not to be). I lost half a stone in weight during 12 hours. Death would have been more favorable to the way I was feeling that long long day. Anyhow, by about the evening time, after saying goodbye to Hilary for the last time - I went back to the Executive Lounge for the free drinks and food that was offered to sophisticated guests such as ourselves.

After traveling for what felt like days, even though the clock claimed it was apparently no time at all, I left the heat of Asia (It had been over 30degrees C for the entire previous month pretty much) and arrived in Newcastle. And it has hardly stopped raining since.

No comments: