Thursday, May 24, 2007

Photos?

Time for some photos of the trip. First off Hanoi -

  • Typical street in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. This is the little junction where they sell great - ice-cold beer for 2,000Dong a glass (7p).



  • This is one of the buildings next to our Hotel. I didn't know this, but im sure it is common knowledge, but the reason the buildings are narrow but tall - an old tax that increased with the width of the house. See, you learnt something everyday, or at least I do!

  • Taken at the Army museum - a big mound of plane wreckages shot down by those friendly Vietnamese. I never realised what a delightfully pleasant, whiter than white bunch of people the Vietnamese are - the Americans being barbarians, cut throat and rutheless. That is, until I went to the ridiculously one-sided museum.


    (I may be wrong, but I think the planes actually fell, conveniently - into this nice little pile.)

  • St Joseph's Cathedral I believe. And yes, I know, its a really good photo.

  • This is the bridge that leads over to the island that sits in the middle of Hoh Kiem Lake, in the centre of the Old Quarter.

No comments: