Tuesday, December 19, 2006

An amusing conversation

I have been playing Chinese music in the background this week, while the students complete a few Christmas puzzles that I found for them (Yes, another difficult week for me). I am slowly but surely starting to like the music, though it still sounds to me like the Spice Girls on speed. Anyhow, one song was playing, quite loudly and a student came up to my desk –

Student - ‘Do you know this singer?’

Me - ‘No’

‘It is a girl’

‘Oh, ok’

‘She is famous because she has big ____’ (I couldn’t hear this)

‘She has big what?’

‘A___’ (I could only hear the first letter)

‘She has a big ass?’ (Said very loud, just as the music stopped)

‘She has big EYES’

‘Oh, yes, of course, how silly of me’

She then sat back down, quite quickly. In my defence, she spoke quietly, I am slightly deaf and mildly stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on dave!!! it's the same as when your in the cinema. just when you're about to say something stupid or rude, it goes quiet. it's happened to us on many occasions. will you never learn!! lol. merry christmas and happy new year mate.

Ste