Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Off to Qingdao

On Thursday and Friday, the little bundles of joy that I attempt to teach each week have exams. As such, I am going as far away as possible for a long weekend. As it gets colder here in Shijiazhuang, i'm off to Qingdao, which is around 700km south - east I think. It is on the coast and i'm assured that we will be able to swim in the sea. Failing that, we can always go on a tour of the beer factory!

Anyway, my train leaves tonight at 9.00pm, and will not arrive in Qingdao until 8.45am tomorrow. To add to this, we have not been able to book a seat. So at worst, we will have to sit on the floor on our suitcases for the entire journey. Hopefully though, we will be able to jump on the first available seats.

I have learnt my lesson well from Beijing - never trust a lady who offers you anything for free. So hopefully this new knowledge should serve me well. I will let you know on Sunday when I get back home.

No comments: