Friday, October 27, 2006

It's a bit chilly

Less than a week ago I was strolling around Qingdao in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. With a smile on my face and a beer in my hand, I was a happy chappy. The temperature was around 27c I am now back in Shijiazhuang and lets just say it's a little bit more fresh!

The Yahoo website said yesterday that the weather would vary between 19c and 9c. I didn't believe it and took it as yet another sign that never once has anybody ever predicted the weather correctly. How wrong I was.

On my way to class I can literally see my breath it is that cold. It is still only October and yet the temperature is dropping ridiculously quickly. One day this week I went to class wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. One of my students was wearing long-johns, jeans, t-shirt, shirt, jumper and coat - and he was still cold!

It has dropped about fifteen degrees in total in the last two or so weeks and does not look like stopping anytime soon. But, I suppose I should have seen it happening. I can remember myself about two weeks ago, clearly, saying out loud to the others - 'I cannot possibly see how it is going to drop to minus ten degrees Celsius in around a months time! It must be wrong!'. Yet again, it appears I opened my big mouth too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sun is cracking the pavement here. ( Homer)