Thursday, September 28, 2006

Best quotes 2

These are all toe related unsuprisingly. Firstly, just as I was sat in the lounge area of the swimming pool, waiting for our minders to arrive and with my foot stretched out infront of me a chinese bloke walks over and sits opposite me. After looking at me for about 30 seconds as if I had just deficated on his doorstep, he then says to me in quite clear English - "I do not think you are a gentleman". I had been sat there for about 45 minutes by this time and was a little ratty to say the least. "What?" I asked. "You are not a gentleman, barefoot". If I knew the chinese for this foot will soon be shoved right up your a*** I would certainly have told him so.

The second quote that has tickled me was actually said to Sandy, our minder. A teacher from our school came up to her and asked quite worryingly - "Why Sandy, do you employ disabled teachers?".

In a similar fashion, Brock was talking to some of his students about going to Beijing during the holidays. After telling them he was going with his fellow foreign teachers, naming us all, one child pipes up and asks - "Which one is the tall white guy with the limp?".

I must admit I was far more comfortable just being the wierd lanky white guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those chinese pool attendants are a good judge of character!!

Anonymous said...

sorry to sound repetative, i didn,t think that it sent first time.

David Stokes said...

I would have to agree with you!

We have found the holy shrine by the way - a grocery store that sells Newcastle Brown Ale. I can hardly contain myself.

P.s. I can delete duplicate posts so no problem.

Anonymous said...

don't tell me the brown ale is 10p a bottle or i will be really cheesed off!

Anonymous said...

10p a bottle and 8p back on the empty.